PhD write up support group

K

Hello, I am about to start my write up. It would be great if there are similar people here and we could make a group and motivate each other. Let me know so we can plan for it. Thanks

T

There's a few of us around! What year are you in? I'm half way through my third year and although technically I have another year and half, I'm only funded for another 6 months so I'm trying to get written up by Christmas.

Just started throwing everything into 1 document this week and learnt how to make a linked table of contents and figures etc ... that is my achievement for the week in terms of thesis writing!

My PhD is in molecular biology. What about you?

K

Hello, I missed your reply. Im done with my experiments and ready to start write up. maybe we could have a group and make plans and somehow motivate each other to stick to them?

T

Sure, sounds good. I've now been given more lab work to do so I have no hope of writing up by Christmas, more likely going to be March now. I really need to find time to start writing in between experiments. I'm thinking of setting a target of one hour a day at the moment and seeing how far that gets me.

M

Hi,
This sounds like a good idea! I have entered my third year. My research has not been finalised I am in the middle of possibly my last project. Although, I have been writing a few things every now and then e.g. lit. review, ethics, identification of purpose and very basic on methodology. I still have NO publications. I am therefore wondering am I very very behind in terms of time? What about the rest of you?

E

Hi, I'm in my 4th year and now have 4 months to finish writing up! Most others in my year have almost finished writing (or near to it), but I've just started, which makes me feel immensly behind. I've also not even finished my lab work yet. So some motivation could really help! (Maybe tell me to get off browsing the internet...?)
My PhD is in molecular biology too.

M

Good luck all of you!

F

Well..i'm a good 2 years from writing up, so I think i'll just enjoy the socials for now :D Good luck to you all!