Thursday's particularly silly question - Cartoons

T

I was just reading an email going on about the 80's/90's and it made me remember classic kid's tv shows such as Thundercats, Danger Mouse, Raggy Dolls.. I think that shows were better when I was a kid. My little sister who is 9 is obsessed with a show called Tracy Beaker which looks at a carehome focusing on a girl called Tracy Beaker, and to me she just seems like a brat with a bad attitude who needs a good hiding! Gone are the days of He-Man and his moral highground!

What were your fave TV shows as kids?

P

Chocky. Dogtanian. City of Gold. Ulaseas [sorry can't spell that]. Maid Mariane and her Merry Men. The December Rose. Press Gang. Defenders of the planet. Kids of Degrassy Street.

S

Battle of the Planets
Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds
The Amazing Cities of Gold (I think that's what it was called)
He-Man
Crackerjack
Hong Kong Phooey
The Perils of Penelope Pitstop (from where I take my username)
Tom & Jerry
Captain Caveman
Scooby Doo (but not Scrappy Doo)

Soooo many!

T

Danger Mouse was cool...

Anyone remember Pob (half monkey/half kid with a red and yellow stripey wooly jumper)?

T

Oh god yeah.. he used to spit on the glass and write out his name

There wwas a guy at my school who looked like him.. so he was nicknamed Pob

S

Thundercats

I still watch Thundercats Ho!! the movie

K

I always liked Bananaman because he seemed like a realistic superhero. And Superted was nice and innocent

V

i liked a russian cartoon about the rabbit and the wolf:))

S

How could I forget - Road Runner!

T

But if Wile E. Coyote did get him then it would teach kids that you get rewarded for being bad, thus the morality lesson would have been lost.

I blame the new cartoons...nobody wore a hoodie after watching Bugs Bunny did they?

S

I agree, I always wanted the bird to get it. Just like tweetie-pie and Penelope Pitstop who both should have got it!

S

Age test - who remembers Heidi?

S

No, the English-dubbed Austrian TV series with the girl with the curly brown hair and her grumpy grandfather who looked like Obi Wan Kenobi!

S

Released it in 78, but I remember it through the early to mid-80s.
Thanks to the power of Google, Amazon have it on DVD (no, I'm not buying it - it's the awful dubbing I remember best!):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0002SCZVW/026-3294203-5032459?v=glance&n=283926

Appparently Heidi wasn't Austrian but Swiss. Sorry to all our Swiss viewers out there in cyberland!

P

I remember Spatz - it was set in a burger bar!

Sylvester I put city of gold on my list too. It was an awesome epic - went on for years & years do you remember the song
"children of the sun, oh your time has just begun".

Yes I remember the badly dubbed Heidi too she used to cry for "goat pee ter", but move her mouth really really quickly, saying someting in French swiss!