valentines - appropriate gifts for a guy/gal you don like so much

J

what gift do you get someone who has the hots for you and who you once liked, but not anymo.. just about to break up with formally... mentally, emotionally you're already done.

but at the same time you don wanna be embarrased by their effort and your having made no effort.

what do you think of stationary?? nice and cheap...no time to lose as well.

M

If it's a guy, how about a dirty mag and a box of tissues, along with a note jettisoning him.

For a girl, just the tissues to cry into.

C

The choice of gift might give a hint of how you feel, and make easy to break up when the time comes.

T

How about being honest with the person before the 14th if you are going to break up with them?

I'm with Tricky on this one. You should be honest. But if you still want to give him a present, how about just a book? It doesn't have a deep meaning but it is a useful present. Does he have amazon wish list?

S

maybe talk to them before hand about how you really feel otherwise they may feel mislead.

C

I agree with honesty.

R

Yes, I would be pretty annoyed that you let me waste my time, money and emotion getting set up for the 14th and then a few days later dumped me. Would make it much harder to get over to think that you were just 'playing along' for my sake.

If anything it would surley be harder to dump him if he buys you something REALLY nice, as you would surley feel guilty. You may also look a bit like you were after all you could get before you dumped him.

J

Why do you people dump each other?

S

Because we find out our partners don't believe in Christain courtship anymore of course

S

And I do think you should just be honest jojo.

O

JoJo, you are a right dishonest b., aren't you?

S

i think a gift implies love. if there is no longer any feeling then its unfair on him.

H

A good valentine's gift would be to tell him/her asap how you feel and to break it off. They will thank you for it later.

S

Isn't your boyfriend the footballer Freddy Adu? I'm sure he won't have difficulty finding a new love.