What area of research are you in?

B

My research is psycholingusitic in nature. How about the rest of you. It would be nice to find someone who is doing something in the same area as I am the only one in the University looking into this discipline.

Cheers

B

Can somebody explain why this question has had no replies? Have I crossed an unwritten boundary by asking what topic everyone is looking into? Please inform.

S

I'm doing about cancer science. What does your research involve?

A

Some people were a bit unnerved when they realised that posts from this forum appeared on Google searches if the right key words were used. People were worried that if they had revealed too much information (thesis topic, uni etc) they might be identifiable, which they wouldn't want if they'd been slagging off their supervisors in other threads! So that's possibly why people haven't been posting on this thread.

B

Thanks Ann that explains that one. I only raised the question to see if i could find somebody else in my field.

F

Mine is in psychology. Did psycholinguistics at undergrad level many moons ago and that's about as close as I get to yours I'm afraid!

I think Ann has hit the nail on the head with the reason for the lack of replies by the way.

V

my is something between social/organisational psychology and sociology

B

Yes I see why people would not want to indicate the precise nature of their research. However, like the last few replies, I just wanted to know the general fields that people were from.

A

I'm working on Non- homologous End Joining (NHEJ), which is a DNA double strand repair mechanism- i.e. also cancer research.

... and I'm not really worried about my supervisor finding these threads- she's got enough to do without surfing the net.

S

im in cancer/diet/epigenetics research...

J

i do what dan does sort of

J

i just say i live on a plane of higher existence.

A

I'm the same DanB. I just say pharmacology - like genetics most people have at least heard of that! ;o)

A

I'm a macro molecular architect which sounds a lot better than polymer chemist.