Should I be optimistic?

S

Hello All,

following is an email I received from the University I applied to

"Thank you for your email. I am sorry for the delay in advising you of the outcome of your interview.

The panel have confirmed that you have not been selected for the initial offers and that we may be in touch again if any of the offers are not accepted."

What chances do I have that someone will not accept the offer?

Worried and upset,

Sherlock

D

Hmm, it's hard to say to be honest. It's not impossible (I had 2 offers so had to turn one down and know it went to someone else who wasn't originally selected) . However they "may" be in touch again could mean anything - I assume they will have said the same thing to others who weren't selected in which case it becomes a noncertainty all over again.

If I were you, I'd be hopeful, but carry on applying elsewhere. I would also be pleased that you actually got a response. The amount of jobs i've applied for - even been to interviews for and NEVER heard anything!!

S

Thank you Sneaks and DanB

G

SH! If that was without funding then you do not need to worry? There is plenty more fish in the pool. If that was funded then try to get some fb and improve the way you presented your application.

K

Hmmm, yeah, it's really hard to say. I wouldn't lose hope but at the same time I would keep applying elsewhere. There was someone on here not long ago who was on the reserve list for funding and did get it in the end, so keep fingers crossed! Good luck, KB