Waiting for AHRC news

B

Sorry to hear that fingerscrossed- do you have any way of going ahead or are you going to take a year out? I was unlucky with the AHRC last year and I've just self-funded my way through my first PhD year. I'm still alive, although it has been touch and go!

L

======= Date Modified 29 Aug 2008 15:21:45 =======
Hi guys, I've been following this forum for a while and even though I haven't posted, it's been so nice to know that other people are feeling the way that you do. Big congratulations to everyone who got it, I'm sorry for those who didn't.. Those of you who have been working to fund yourselves, I was wondering what kind of work you did, how many hours you did etc.. Thank you :)

I

Still nothing for me today, although it obviously seems like panel 5s are coming through now (well done Hannah and BagofNerves!). Hopefully tomorrow is the day! Am I the last one waiting then?

S

It looks as though its all done with now, although I'm still concerned about impending doom - any news yet?

I just want to thank all of you for being so incredibly wonderful this august and for the support and help over those difficult few weeks. Massive congrats to those on whom the monkey smiled and commiseratons and best wishes to those who were not so lucky. I do hope we'll all keep meeting up on the other boards, we get pretty close during this time and it would be a shame to not speak to you all again.

Enjoy the next year, best wishes for your studies and here's to all of us becoming academic geniuses who turn our respective fields on their heads 8-)

G

Echo everything you have said Stressed (hope the dissertation is going well and you are feeling okay???) - the support from everyone has indeed been wonderful. Maybe we could start a new thread for AHRC survivors???? I too hope everyone keeps visiting this forum and doesn't just fade into the background. Knowing there are people out there who understand the ups and downs of academia is extremely important and its good to remember you are not alone.

Impending if you are still out there I hope things have turned out okay for you.

S

Hi GoingNuts, I'm ok thanks :-) feeling a bit stronger now - still have the odd wobbly moment but I'm so busy with the dissertation I don't have much time to think ;-) I will start the Phd in Oct, not sure how we'll manage financially but we'll get there somehow - I haven't been through all this to drop out lol. Only just over a week now til submission - well, I plan if possible to get the diss to the binders this time next week so its ready in good time for Monday, but its like argghhhh - the stupid little things take sooooo much time, I spent 4 hours yesterday just putting the captions on figures, tables etc and then word crashed! Would be good also if I actually had a proper title lol lol lol sob. How is everything going for you? I feel strangely calm still, but I think come next week when its just days to go and still too much to do the panic will set in lol.