Confess your daily food intake and exercise regime

L

======= Date Modified 06 Oct 2008 15:59:59 =======
lol@ sneaks and i also wear day pjs! lol you're right, you dont realise you're getting fat! until you wear normal outdoor clothes and then you're like omg, i've put on weight. this wasnt tight before!

well i did it, i took the plunge and bought myself a mini trampoline! it should arrive in a few days, then i am going to bounce away! i've been reading all the benefits about it, and i am SO EXCITED! lol as sad as that sounds, but for the first time i'm excited about exercising. i cant wait for it to come and for me to start bouncing away.

today i did about 10minutes on the bike, and i did 20 asian squats. asian squats, are the ones where your feet are flat on the floor.

i have a craving for oreo cookies, but i am NOT going to eat them. i've put them away in my drawer, and going to save them for a special treat. and yah chocolate is so yummy, but i am cutting it out of my diet for now! its just too addictive, you cant just have a little bit, i just have to have the whole thing and then some more!, so i would rather not have any, then a little bit.

i'm going to make some hummus later on tonight, it's meant to be low in fat and GI. and planning on having fish and vegetables.

for lunch i had, pita bread and chicken. and a couple of cashew nuts, but apparently they are meant to be fattening, so i only had 2 or 3.

great to see everyones posts :-) (up)

P

I bought a load of weightwatchers ready meals today! I have just moved 150 miles from uni so am staying with my Dad three days during the week so I can go in to teach and see my supervisor etc. I thought it would be a good opportunity to eat less and get more exercise. The plan was I would travel up by train and have to walk from the station to uni and then from the station to my Dad's. I would have healthy soup in the Vegetarian Cafe for lunch then a low-cal ready meal with extra veg or salad for tea. Then when I am back home at the weekends I can maybe eat bit more nice stuff and have a few wines as well. However, the train times are too complicated, I need to bring loads of stuff with me and the fares seem to have gone up so I will be using my car. I will try to make time to start running again though. So I would like to join this thread and hope we can all support each other.

S

Yes, I will join in! I did loose a bit of weight at the beginning of the year...probably about 3/4 of a stone but have probably put it all back on again. We don't have any scales at my house, so the only time I weigh myself is at my parents.

So tonight, I pledge that I will do an exercise video (have the choice of yoga/pilates/boxing/legs bums n tums/quick fit)!

I am also going to try and eat a bit better...less sweets/chocolate/cake/crisps...more fruit etc.

It's going to be hard but I must get off my arse and start exercising again!

Tips- find low fat foods that work for you- I like carrott sticks, jelly, and a low fat chocolate moouse for a treat!

T

I am sure that my daily food intake is too high and my exercise regime is not enough.. but I have signed up at the gym so hopefully that will work to get me fitter and healthier 8-)

C

2,000 calories of (vegan) food, and an hour of swimming (recently joined a swimming pool with a student membership)

I want a swimmers body. In both sense of the word. Heh.

:p

R

I actually lost weight since I started my PhD - about 10 lbs I think... not through stress or anything like that (I wish!) but through diet and training for a half marathon. The last few weeks have been a different story however! Half marathon is done so there's not the same motivation and I haven't run in about two weeks cause I've been under pressure PhD-wise - also I've been eating everything in sight :$ So I'm feeling that there's going to be at least 3/4 lbs extra on the scale but I haven't had the guts to get up on it yet! I'll join in on this thread as I'm turning over a new leaf as of this morning!

By the way... @ sneaks, that was hilarious, thanks for brightening my day :-)

R

@ MissSpacey, about the 10,000 steps a day thing... I tried to find out before how many steps were in a kilometre and the figure I found was 1,320 - so you would have to cover 7.5km a day to be doing 10,000 steps! Or around 50km a week... It's crazy, I didn't even cover that distance weekly when I was training for the half marathon! I don't know how they expect people to cover that distance in their day-to-day lives...

T

Quote From chrisrolinski:

I want a swimmers body. In both sense of the word. Heh.

:p

Haha I'm with you there Chris!! ;-)

L

I am so pleased to see everyone coming on board! great stuff! welcome everyone :-) i've enjoyed reading everyones postings :-)

already i am finding this thread motivating!!

okay i just had a healthy dinner, fish with steamed vegetables and salad, and home made hummus. i'm feeling comfortably satisfied. so that's day 1 done!

onto day 2!!

M

Quote From rosy:

@ MissSpacey, about the 10,000 steps a day thing... I tried to find out before how many steps were in a kilometre and the figure I found was 1,320 - so you would have to cover 7.5km a day to be doing 10,000 steps! Or around 50km a week... It's crazy, I didn't even cover that distance weekly when I was training for the half marathon! I don't know how they expect people to cover that distance in their day-to-day lives...

Rosy, I did half a mile this morning, and that was 1600 steps, so I need to do about 3-4 miles for to get my 10,000 steps (if my math is correct). But yes, you're right, it is a crazy amount. Apparently, if one wants to lose weight the government/heath authority sites recommend 12,500 steps!! I'm having trouble fitting in 5,000 steps.

My plan is to do a 30 min brisk walk every morning (about 3-4000 steps). For me, wearing a pedometer is just a lesson in how little exercise I do generally...but the 10,000 thing is a no-no.

J

I would say 3-4 miles is a normal amount to walk if you don't drive. I probably do that in a day (1.5 miles to uni and the same back, plus going to Asda a couple of evenings a week.

oh dear - just had an indian takeaway, in my defense, it is to provide me with lots of sustenance to get me through the mountains of work I have to do tonight, although now I am feeling sleeeepy :-( MUST DO WORK

A

Just come back from yoga tonight...

L

dont worry sneaks, i also blew my diet today! ate cheese, and lots of it! with crackers and branston pickle. and 2 scrambled eggs. it was yummy though. then had lentil soup and veg for dinner. and for dessert 2 weetabix with brown sugar lol.

i am going to be healthy tommorow! :-s

S

how often do people recommend weighing themselves? I had a friend who did it every day and started to panic if her weight went up by 1lb, but she soon started to notice that she could gain or lose up to 5lbs throughout the day depending on when she weighed herself. She soon got into a habit of buying new scales every month, thinking that they were always broken. So how often do people recommend, every week? every fortnight or every month perhaps? I bought one of those little trampoline things and found that I toned up a lot more, I looked slimmer but seemed to put on slightly more weight (I'm hoping its because muscle weighs more than fat), so I'm making it my aim not necessarily to lose weight but to stay toned.