Hair highlights! Color?

A

Hi! Just before Christmas and after working hard over the last weeks I decided it is time for a change! I have dark brown hair and thinking of adding some highlights. What do you suggest? Redish or lighter shades of brown? Or something else? Thanks!

M

Hi athina! I would suggest blond. Blond always looks good on brown hair. Now, if you want a more professional advice, I would suggest that you find a gay hairdresser! They are great!

U

Are you one of them, Maria?

S

It depends on your skin tone and your eye color. I also have dark brown hair; recently added some redish brown and gives it a hint of warmth. Depends what you want!

A

Maybe the male members of the forum can help too

H

reddish looks great in dark hair.

I would love to put some colour my hair but I can't be bothered to face the screams from my mother and grandmothers.

A

Whats your natural color H?

S

I think a slight hint of red would be cool - very sophisticated!

U

If a girl/woman changes her hair colour or style it usually means that she is looking for a change in her life-in other words a new bf/husband..?

H

athina, I have really really really dark brown so I call it black!

I think red in dark brown hair looks lovely.

A

I just got bored of my hair I guess. I have no husband / bf anyway! So, sylvester, you suggest red! Now the question is all over red or red highlights?

S

I say subtle highlights, the variation will look good.

U

As a man: red highlights

A

H suggests red too! Maybe I should go for it! I just thought that it would not make a big difference. But again I dont want a big change and I prefer natural looking hair!

S

Athina, why dont you try different shades of brown? They make the face look "sweet" and feminine. Maybe too dark with red will make you look pale if your skin is white.