Hair highlights! Color?

A

coppery colour i.e. the colour of copper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cu%2C29.jpg
http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/882218.html

So bit darker than blonde but not quite into red I'm sure your hairdresser will have lots of ideas for you and will be able to show you some sample colours.

A

Thanks for the pics Ann Hmmm I think that this colour will wash out even more quickly. Ann is there a term for when you want some highlights to begin lower than the root? Very silly question, I know!

A

It won't wash out if they just 'lift' your current hair colour - so they are not adding colour to your hair, they are taking it away. It would be like bleaching it blonde but using a less harsh lightening agent and/or not leaving it on so long. If you were to add bleach to dark hair, it goes through a coppery stage before it gets blonde. Anyway, your hairdresser will be able to explain all! Night night!

A

Good night Ann! Thanks a lot!

S

I remember when I used the Sun-In spray on my hair when I was on holiday in Spain. Rather than send my hair blond, it went a shade of ginger!

A

Hmmm... more colours to choose from Sylvester, how did you get rid of that colour then? (Didnt know that even men want highlights! How far behind can I be?

S

Being a slightly moussy colour, I got frustrated that my hair was no particular colour, so thought it would be cool to get some of the spray that bleaches your hair when you're in the sun. Oh dear. My gfriend at the time just laughed so I had to have it cut (especially before going back to work).

H

Oooh, this thread has made my day, athina and sylvester getting on like a house on fire!

Athina will you be coming to the forum meet? I would love to see this develop into something

I wonder how a certain MARIA_Z feels about this development, I bet she/it wont be giving you anymore hair advice athina

H

A message for MARIA_Z: So much for guys prefering slags.

Sylvester prefers the lovely sweet athina who at least sounds intelligent!

S

Personally, I've always been taken by Alice Roberts' hair on that Coast TV show on BBC2. I think she's a lecturer at Bristol.

A

It seems I have missed a lot. H, when is the forum meeting? And where?

S

Supposedly some time in April, venue TBC but Sheffield or Nottingham have been suggested (fairly central).

A

Ah right! I would love to join! But until April... who knows! Are you working Sylvester at this time of the night?

H

Sylvester and athina, where are you two?

H

and what happened to Maria_Z?