Hair highlights! Color?

S

It's all rather complicated. The young lady I was rather drawn to was not the person I thought she was. In fact, she was merely playing a game with me, and seemingly the same game with a number of other men around here. Plenty more fish in the sea though, albeit most are a bit younger than I am!

A

Was she flirtatious with you? Did she imply things?

S

Very flirtatious, seemed to rather enjoy it and, I think, seemed to be aware that she'd sucked me in. She's history now, I'm better off knowing what she's like now so I don't waste any more of my time on her.

A

I am sorry to hear that! On the other hand, I admire you that you can "stop" feeling the way you felt before because you found out how she is as a person. I wouldnt be able to do that! I can never be reasonable when it comes to "love" (otherwise I wouldnt have feelings for my supervisor ). You seem to be a great guy, so soon you will tell us a story about a new love that deserves to be with you!

S

Why thank you, you are most kind. I was meaning to ask, how are things were going with your supervisor?

A

I havent seen him for 2 weeks and I think of him less and less anyway... Sometimes thinking of him, kind of makes me feel "sad" but most of the times I am ok.

S

I guess it's a slow process but a steady one. The time away may loosen the bond with him so that when you next see him it'll be that little bit easier. When are you likely to see him next?

A

I dont need to see him apart from saying "Bye" before I go to Greece for Christmas because I am running an experiment with many participants (so I dont need his help at the moment), so our next session will probably be mid January. I hope that at that point I will have feelings for someone else!

S

Well, Christmas is coming, and I believe you Greeks are responsible for the mistletoe tradition. You never know what could happen!

A

Mistletoe tradition? Never heard of that!

S

This may help, I was almost correct.

http://really-useful.y2u.co.uk/Garden/Ru_Garden_012_Mistletoe_Good_Bad.html

A

Interesting I really didnt know that one. Have you ever been in Greece sylvester (sometimes I really wish I knew your real name ) ???

S

Yes I have. In fact, I'm doing my fieldwork there next summer. Do you have my MSN address (it is quite well known on here)?

A

Re the high/low lights issue
I have dark brown hair and have had both red highlights and (on separate occasions) blonde ones. Both looked ok, however, red washes out really easily (ask a hairdresser, they will tell you that it's the least persistant colour) and can become a bit pink (generally not a good look). Blonde on the other hand does stay as you are effectively removing the colour from your hair. Of course, the downside of this is obvious root re-growth and a tendency for frizziness on the bleached bits. So only go for highlights of either colour if you are prepared to have them re-done regularly or else are resigned to slapping a colour on all over to hide the re-growth/washed out red at some point.

BTW Sorry for being rather practical!! I still think you should go for it, highlights are cool and it's nice to have a change every now and again!

A

I tried to email you a while ago but did not get a reply