The Great Star Appeal

W

It has come to my attention that certain members of this forum now have four stars, yet still I only have 3. As a third year PhD student, I find this situation absolutely outrageous (well, not seriously) and feel an urgent need to redress the balance. I must say that I am loyal to this forum, and never ever post on any other forum whatsoever (not even www.weirdos.com-actually a website (just checked)). As if I have not already given enough compelling reasons, it's my birthday next year and I've very recently passed my driving test (but the clutch has broke on my second hand car bought from Honest Harry).

hmm I was thinking about this too - I think maybe there are less posters giving helpful user clicks - or I am just not very helpful. Which has damaged my self esteem and I am now going to sue (is that how you spell it!?) postgradforum for ruining my life and PhD due to lack of stars

======= Date Modified 29 Oct 2009 12:50:58 =======
how exactly do I vote for someone? I wanted to vote for Bilbobaggins, Eska, Lara and you too Sneaks, I think but couldn't figure out how to. Doh!!

S

count me in guys, lets SUE, I want another star toooo. (I sound just like my 2 yr old son);-)

ooh pick me, pick me!!!

hmm, I should be on 3 stars if you look at my number of posts and Wal's which means I am less helpful :-(

***Sneaks thinks maybe if she makes a false profile and awards herself stars everyone will think she is the master of postgradforum!***

W

Well, I want something to show for my PhD, so having four stars would be brilliant and provide me with another reason to drink too much. So, if forumites would be nice enough to award me an additional star, then you would be improving my quality of life whilst doing my PhD. Hopefully, it'll be much more useful than the Paul McKenna CDs I've been listening to lately. Increase Your Motivation with Paul McKenna...erm, no Paul, you just make me laugh hysterically as you demand I close my eyes, play cheesy background music and then whisper incoherently in my ears "shh, shh..blub..blub...you must work harder, blub, shh...you're a great person". Or Change Your Life in 7 Days with Paul McKenna..again the cheesy music and: "You're a caterpillar, becoming a crysallis...emerging into a beautiful butterfly...imagine yourself in your favourite suit...that's you all the time".
So, I'm thinking an additional star would work wonders for me, raise my self-esteem enormously and make me a better all-round person. Something that even Paul McKenna and his 'PhD' can't do for me. That's why I'm launching, the Walminski Great Star Appeal.

J

you should count yourself lucky - I only have one star :$

Walminski! Soliciting stars is unethical: they should be freely given, otherwise they mean nothing. If you get your stars by persuasion and without putting the work in it will be as empty as gaining an honorary PhD; your self esteeme will suffer due to the guilt of knowing the source of you ill-gotten gains; while those lower down the star leader board will know that you stars do not have the weighting of theirs, and resent you for your higher placing.

Besides, you're pretty high up the board anyway.

However, for all of you who would like to reward stars, you can do so by clicking on the helpful user button on the helpful person's posting; you need to be logged on to do this, and you can go back to old postings to do so.

I don't mind the empty feeling - feel free to click me as helpful user :p

Walminski, I would also like to point out to you that my comments on this thread have been, undeniably, and invaluably, helpful to you; I could even have saved your entire self esteeme and therefore your ability to complete your PhD.

I can't find the helpful user button???

W

Eska, you've never been more correct. I'm going to click on the helpful user button for both yourself and Sneaks - and Juju (incase Juju is helpful to me in the future). I can't see the helpful user button though - even though I'm logged in :-(

if you are teh OP, its next to the 'send PM' button on each person's post

W

Darn, I don't have one then. I'm going to have to get in touch with the moderators. :-s I have quote and send PM only.