2nd Year Accountability thread

I'm afraid today's aims are same as yesterday - better get on!

A

Quote From sneaks:

Me too unfortunately!

I got sidetracked with making sure my new protocol was bang up to date. Well worth it I think.

Today - get those papers!!!!

A

not going well! - can't get focused so walked the dog but now tired from doing that and all sleepy - need to stop time so I can get this done!

Same as yesterday + have to revise some work for teaching tomorrow.

A

Quote From sneaks:

Same as yesterday + have to revise some work for teaching tomorrow.

Oh no! Me too! Boo. Think I'll set til tomorrow (and stay until it's done) because I start data collection next week so I really need this done and I REALLY need to sort out all my supporting document for my research.

A

Done about a paragraph so far - its taking Aaaages! but at least I am doing it! Just annoyed that I am going to have to spend all day tomorrow doing other stuff, just at the point that I was finally 'in the zone' for writing stuff. :-s

A

In the zone - I love it!

Congrats on the paragraph. It's really good that you're being productive.

What's the plan for tomorrow? Anything exciting?

I've spent the day so far preparing for my study starting on Tuesday so now I'm about to hit those papers hard!

A

A

Good morning (just) all.

Super late today because my hard drive wouldn't work. Rubbish. Plan for today:

perfect protocol,
print out my supporting documents,
put together a list of everything I'll need to take to my research site,
get those stupid lit review papers!

A

A

Am wimping out and going home.  Just can't cope with working on a Friday evening. I have 75% of my papers and even got some of them into endnote which is an achievement for me!

Tomorrow I'm going to try and hit the stats hard.  From home. In my PJs!

Hope everyone had a great Friday and has a loved up V day.

A

Over the weekend I managed to get some non-PhD, but still important work completed. I haven't yet finished this chapter section I am trying to write, so that is the main aim this week! THe main prob I have is that my Sup wants me to write, but I keep getting great opportunities to meet up with my organisational partner - which if I turn down will affect the success of the rest of the practical side of my PhD, so I end up going to meet with these peopel and not writing - and you know how important these meeting are A116!

Anyway, got until thus at home this week so going to try and et this bit done and move on!

A

hi hi

So, I'm in data collection phase at the moment which is great but means 11 hour days so I will likely be checking in a little less nowadays. I am just under target for my data collection but confident it will pick up after half term. Hoorah!

Tomorrow = stats! One last go before I go and beg the statisticians for their help. Also have some family stuff to do so will likely be less productive than I should be.

Sneaks - how was your meeting with your industrial partners? Were they lovely and polite and did they say yes to everything you wanted? I hope so. How is your chapter going?

Everyone else - where are you?!??! I'm holding you all accountable!

A

Meeting is tomorrow so fingers crossed, but I already know they won't want to help me :-(

data collection this morning in the form on interviews and then finishing off my chapter section, then I'm going to plan the other sections, then take the evening off hopefully as I feel like my brain has been drained of all vocabulary and knowledge!

A

how is it going sneaks? have you managed to finish for the evening? i commend you if you did, that was quite a list!

so, success here. i actually did my stats! it did involve me begging a statistician in the end but she was just wonderful and told me the begging was inappropriate. seriously, maths people are scary clever!

i'm off to the pub for the evening and then data collection tomorrow.

next proper aim is to write up my quantitative stuff by sunday evening.

wish me luck!

a

Hmm, no did not manage to finish the chapter section - just sat there with RSI in my wrists after clutching the mouse all day with no inspiration - then gave up. But did get some work done for my meeting today, which went well. Have teaching tomorrow - hope to finish the chapter section and write a very brief proposal for a study over the weekend. I feel soooo busy at the mo!

Well done with the stats! That's what I'm teaching tomorrow - but not brainy!!!

Where the heck are the others?? MAAAGGGGGGGGIE!???