2nd Year Accountability thread

A

Good luck for the weekend Sneaks! And stats, grr! Sometimes I think I've gotten my head around it then I find a whole new set of assumptions. Are you Psychology too (I think I remember reading that in one of the other threads)? Do you hate SPSS as much as me?

I want to finish a draft of a chapter tomorrow morning (minus the discussion) so I can write a very rough draft of the discussion over the weekend at get it to the sups for Monday morning. Tomorrow afternoon = more data collection.

In other disturbing news, I've just realised I had my hair dipped in a cold cup of tea...I think it may be time for bed.

Enjoy your stats teaching!

A

A

Checking in for the morning. Is anyone around?

A

A

Checking out.

Hopefully will have a final version of my chapter by Sunday evening but just heard some bad news about my boyfriends nan so I will have to see.

Have a lovely weekend all.

A

Hope your write up is going well A116. Stats went ok - I am actually loving the SPSS and wishing I could do more quantitative work at the mo! Spent today staring at the TV and eating choc - better luck tomorrow I hope!

Hows everyone doing?

A

Hi

Sorry for my lack of posting. I can't believe it's been almost two weeks.

Sneaks - I'm glad your SPSS-ing went well.

I'm still collecting clinical data 3 days a week at the moment. Wednesday is a writing day. To be honest, it's very hard to have any firm deadlines but I will try! Literature review needs to be in shape by the end of March. Stats need some additional stats doing and write up completed in the next few weeks.

I just feel like I'm running out of hours...

A

I know the feeling - I have writing, data collection and all kinds of other work on my schedule! What have you got planned for this week coming?

A

it's really hard running lots of different strands at the same time isn't it. i feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day and it's horrible because i have no control over that!

data collection continues (that finishes for a break next week). i need to start the analysis of the data i already have but i would prefer to wait until the break. also need to do some more analysis on the study i was writing up.

the big thing is a complete draft of a literature review. i think i will concentrate on that this week.

at uni now but contemplating going home. it's pathetic but i walked in this morning and there were loads of beautiful undergrads lip glossing themselves to high heaven. it's normally a postgrad only building so now, at 24, i feel old and distinctly non lip glossing. at home i can put on my stretchy trousers and not feel peer pressured into lip glossing by 18 year olds.

i think i need a holiday.

Sounds like you are living my life at another uni. I like to call my day wear 'day pyjamas' - like pyjamas but slightly warmer e.g. hoody and joggers. Lip glossing is well out of the window and now having had my bday recently at the grand old age of 25 feel like I should retire. Its wierd cos a lot of my school friends messed up their AS levels and all had to re-take so they have literally only just graduated, so facebook is full of photos of wild parties etc., whereas in that time, I have got 2 degrees and half way through phd and have forgotten what parties are! (although have always hated them being my introverted self).

Lit review is up the top of the list this week as well, although having to navigate university responsabilities and other tasks along the way. Tasks for today

- finish the section I have been working on for weeks and send it to sup.
- Tidy desk from layers of journal articles
- organise rest of week
- do exercise to make me skinny

is anybody there....................................................................................................................

A

Quote From sneaks:

is anybody there....................................................................................................................

I'm here Sneaks!!!

How are things going?

I'm out of data collection for a couple of weeks so trying to do some writing up. Although today I have been seriously unproductive but looking forward to going out with some new friends tonight.

What are you plans at the moment?

A

Well, I did some writing which my sup liked - which has made me take 3 weeks virtually off, like I always do for some reason when I have managed to accomplish anything - I just can't seem to keep up the momentum.

My second and now my third study seem to be going a bit wrong and I'm worrying they won't go ahead. But thinking that as long as I do do some writing then at least this won't be wasted time - hopefully!

T

Hi everyone - have been lurking on this thread but decided to post. I am data collecting and starting to write literature review - have still got loads of basic material to get through though as I have slightly changed direction since my first year.

Is anyone else having trouble reading this page now? I think it is Sneaks's message with all the ........
I can't see the end of each line and can't scroll either. :-(

You are crazy timefortea, page looks fine to me!

I'm majorly struggling this week. I can't seem to get on with anything. I have busied myself since last tuesday with utter rubbish e.g. trying to stop squeak in shoes, excessivly walking the dog, organising email into folders, cleaning.

any tips on how to force myself to work, I'm not sure if its the nice weather or something but I feel like a jack in the box!

T

Quote From sneaks:

You are crazy timefortea, page looks fine to me!

He, he, I'm not the one trying to fix squeaky shoes! The page works now but it was strange yesterday, honest!
I am trying to finish a proposal for a conference - today is the deadline! But here it is raining so it is easier to work.