Changing supervisor after a year

H

Just wanted to add, he may even feel the same for you but is also being sensible by not taking it futher. Who knows what will happen when you finish you phd?

H

and just wanted to apologise for that troll maria distracting me away from the real point of your thread.

M

1. I talk about racism in england as an issue in general. I am not against someone in the forum. It hasnt happened to me because as a woman I am in a better position. You see for example, women from the eastern europe are considered cute and nice but men from the same countries who come here without a job are considered incompetent and from a disadvantaged background.

2. I like Sylvester from the way he talks. Why should I also know how his face looks in order to like him? And for this reason, I asked to go out with him; not to marry him via the forum.

H

I hate to do this again (sorry athina)

You basically liked the way sylvester talked? He was going on about fancying a greek girl from his group? He could be a psycho for all you know.

M

Well, MistaG I dont think there is anyone (else) in this forum that wont agree that women are in a better position than men. A man is always considered to have a job, otherwise he is incompetent. For the woman its not the same. Especially if she is cute. she just finds a rich man in the more developed country and thats it. Noone says "aah she is unemployed" or anything like that. People are more likey to feel sorry for her than have racist feelings. I do not like it either but it is the reality.

S

OK folks, this thread belongs to Athina. Can we take Maria's debate to this location:

http://www.postgraduateforum.com/showmessage.asp?thread=5429&cat=16&threadpage=1&newview=1

M

I didnt say that about greek women. I said it about easter europeans. It applies to greeks and english of course. The point here was the "being unemployed" for a man and for a woman for less developed countries.

A

Thanks DanB, Sylvester, H and all the other guys... Maria, I am sorry you feel like that, I suppose you do not enjoy your time in England if you have such misconceptions about the people here.... Its funny, some times our expectations make us blind! As to MY case, I think i won't change supervisor and try to change/ignore/repress the way I feel. Its called adult behavior and thank all of you guys that helped me see things clear and reconsider my priorities. Good luck to all of you!!!

S

Good luck Athina. Nice talking to you.

S

What about the other side - would you do a course if you thought the lecturer had a crush on you or would you avoid the course if it wasn't necessary?

S

LOL