Jojo's Writing Up Diary - The Race for the First Draft

S

oh i like that quote! thanks!

S

Keep going Jojo! here is my personal motto for this PhD, from Louis Pastuer: My strength lies solely in my tenacity.

I had know idea, when I started, that that would be the trait I depend on most.

J

Hey - i've finished some work for submission tomorrow, so am really happy. I worked from 10pm - 1am on Sunday the 2nd March. Took the whole of Saturday off.

I have another deadline on Friday, so lets hope i'll meet that one on time.

J

thanks Smilodon.

O

Jo Jo! Keep going!

O

I like that quote, Smilodon, and agree with you, tenacity is a key trait for keeping going with this.

M

hey jojo well done for all the work youve been doing, keep it up!! keep going!! xx

J

thanks Melon and Olivia.

i didn't do much today. i was working well but i started to feel low in the afternoon - about publication and the silly journal i want to submit to. hopefully will recover tomorrow. taking the day off.

todays hours: 11am - 3.30pm.

J

today's achievement - i submitted my first paper for publication. hope all goes well. fingers crossed.

time to resume work on thesis now.

J

today was a good day. i achieved a lot. attended a meaningful lecture 10am - 12noon and then worked on and submitted article between 4pm and 5.30pm.

will get up early and catch up on Friday's deadline.

S

That's exciting about the paper - hope you hear good news about it and the revisions are not too much trouble.

J

hope so too!! so am off to the comp labs, can't seem to focus and work from home. need a change of environment.

J

today has been a success!! i finally figured out a structure that flows for my argument. i just realised that i haven't yet put down yesterday's hours.
05/03 - I worked from 1pm -2pm and then from 4pm -7pm.

today i attended a class for 2 hours in the morning and i worked from: 3.30pm - 4.30pm, 5pm- 5.30pm and then 6.30pm to 7.30pm. In total i have done about 4.5 productive hours. i have acheieved a lot and am looking forward to doing some reading tonight, probably for two hours and then picking up the writing tomorrow.

i've been looking through my working hours and they are sooooo irregular.have you noticed how irregular working my hours are?

O

Jo Jo!!! That is great progress and a lot of work and well done and I would say who cares if your hours seem irregular, if its working for you is all that matters.

J

hmm.. i've neglected my diary. i have done some work since my last entry but i wrote done the entries rather than typed them on here. thats my orthodox side - am lazy when it comes to diary writing. but anyway, have to stay disciplined. i'll write it in the afternoon. have to rush of to a seminar now. have a good-day everyone and thanks for your comments!