Sneaks' accountability thread

T

Ah, that is a serious time pressure then Sneaks - good luck with it and with tomorrow's appointment.

And thank you for my star if that was you! :-) hehe

How are we all doing today?

I've been to the drs and they have given me lots more pills - yay and referred me to st thomas' pain clinic.

I now watching a bit of telly :$

but will start in minute!

oh no, I have just realised, the Dr gave me pregabalin which apparently is also used to treat anxiety as well as nerve pain. I NEED anxiety to get my PhD done!

Ah ha - today I will get some work done!! Stuff to do today

- look through stupid stats questions from students and answer appropriatly
- completely finish that stupid analysis that's been dragging on all week!
- check on data collection

T

Anti-anxiety meds? Send em my way sneaks! I find the stress does more to paralyze than encourage me :-S
In all seriousness though, glad you got some medical help, hope it kicks in nicely and gets you through the work (stupid bits and otherwise).

I have been very bad today, a couple of monkey-level experiments and zero writing. Must try harder, as school reports tend to say.
I shall now.....

- read this paper on data analysis
- compare it with the other methods I've been reviewing
- open my thesis document so I don't become literally phobic of it

======= Date Modified 06 Nov 2009 14:27:07 =======
Thesis phobia - I am very aware of the dangers it poses.

I have ticked two off my list, just the big scary thematic analysis to do, which is blatently not going to get done today but will have a go.

Good luck with your workload teek!

Ok - after last week of being a zombie I now need to tackle the thematic analysis today - will report back at lunch time!

T

How's it going sneaks? Hope you've de-zombied and are kicking thematic ass :)

hmm well that was the plan, until my sup rang me to talk through data, then I had some students emailing for stats help, and now I have to write an intriduction for a seminar we are holding - everything it seems is totally non-PhD! My only solace is that 'call of duty' has arrived in the post - so know I have lots of time tonight as TV will be hogged by OH.

Hows things with the teek meister? 8-)

T

Sounds like me; today I've written a job application (for a job I don't even think I want), discussed some machinery we're getting in, and written up the minutes of a student feedback session I ran. As for the thesis......*sigh* definitely more Teek than meister these days.

My approach this week is primarily focused on overcoming the massive fear I have of my thesis, this deer-in-headlights response will simply not do. As for how to master said fear - answers on a postcard?

Good luck tonight while your OH is distracted :) My own one works away half the week so I really have no excuse for not burning the midnight oil, yet somehow...

hmm I overcame thesis fear by reading other peoples and realising - actually they aren't that good! maybe try paragraph by paragraph

T

Hehe, sounds like I need to skim a few more poorly written theses!

ok, i've done nothing AGAIN and starting to feel rubbish! I need to get stuff done tonight, hoping OH will be so obsessed with call of duty that it will force me to do work! I need to get on top of the procrastination spiral!

I have had about 4 weeks now of hardly doing anything for my PhD. I have been on very heavy painkillers which have stopped me being able to concentrate on anything. But today I have said enough is enough! I have come off (most of) the painkillers and I am determined to claw back some work before xmas is upon us. So today's list of things to do

1) send out emails for supervisor for another project
2) create presentation for a seminar I am giving next week - which aids data collection for research
3) thematic analysis
4) start a shell/plan for a publication write up.

======= Date Modified 18 Nov 2009 14:11:58 =======
======= Date Modified 18 Nov 2009 10:20:29 =======

Quote From sneaks:

1) send out emails for supervisor for another project (up)

1b) Panic after supervisor called me and try to get some of my writing to send her (!) - have no writing!!!! help!!

2) create presentation for a seminar I am giving next week - which aids data collection for research

3) thematic analysis

4) start a shell/plan for a publication write up. (down) been told not to do this