Sneaks' accountability thread

T

Glad your pain issues are getting resolved Sneaks, it sounds pretty nasty :s

That said, I'm jealous of your car and even more of your dog! I am currently dogless and it's just not right :( Oh, and the tube is genius! I couldn't decide if it was a joke invention at first :)

Software licensing really does suck (although I'd give my right eye for one that could be bought for £70, the one I'd love access to is £1k), is there anyone you can call and bitch at to get the codes post-lunch?

I had a very gentle meeting this morning and Friday's experiments had worked, for which I'm grateful. Now it's back to the coffee because I am seriously falling asleep (and because this data analysis summary has become my own thematic analysis *sigh*)

haha - just poured myself some coffee! Going to ring QSR international about their annoying lack of delivery! and try to get on with the thematic stuff. I have done a load of adminy work and will work on that presentation if they can't get me an answer by 2.

I just spoke to a really patronising lady from QSR international who said I won't get the software until tomorrow because the payment has to go to austrailia and "they are in bed now" grrr - sorry I thought you were 'international' and therefore cope working hours in the UK. Rant over - on with the presentation.

W

Hello Sneaks. Sorry to hear about your NVIVO hell. I've got a full copy of NVIVO 7, that I can upload for you, if you would like to use that in the meantime?

ooh yes please!!!

W

Quote From sneaks:

ooh yes please!!!

Okay, it'll take a bit of time. Will PM you with the address when it's done.;-)

Thanks Wal! (up)

Thanks to Wal's amazingness I now have Nvivo :-)

So back on track. Today's goals are....

- at least 5 interviews analysed
- Finish off presentation for thus completely
- Finish off 'hand out' for presentation on thus
- find something businessy to wear for thus (not jeans!)
- Do another 5 (at leat) interviews

Now - getting cup of tea and I WILL SETTLE DOWN TO WORK!

Teek - are you going to do your data analysis summary today??

T

======= Date Modified 24 Nov 2009 10:16:23 =======
Hehe, this is a truly accountable thread! Thanks for the prod sneaks, I must admit I stalled horribly on that yesterday, but I am note taking as you type. I'm stuck on one point and the academic who replies to just about every inane question on his software's forum has seen fit to ignore mine - can't decide if I've been offensively thick or if he's just gotten bored :s

But your plan looks ambitious so I must not let the side down, here we go:

* Harangue so-called expert again for advice (which maximization approach?)
* Finalise plate layouts for HKG runs
* Dilute and store primers
* Write summary of each software option
* Read up for tomorrow's training

P

sneaks and teek are you wearing the same clothes as the other? :-)

:$ this is soo embarrasing! - but people keep stealing my outfit (littlebopeep and I think others :-( )

There you go - just feels better rockin my old style. At least I am safe in the knowledge that I was the first!

T

Well, I've contacted both Dr Expert and the company I bought from, neither will actually answer my questions *head-desk*. But on the upside I've ticked three things off my list :)

T

Plagiarism of outfits, shocking!
Hmm, perhaps I need a change, it really is rather late in the year for sunnies.