ESRC Open Competition results

P

I have just found out I was unsuccessful and have requested my individual marks. Good luck to everyone else!

M

I'm sorry...at least now you now and can move on.

S

Got email from Nom Con backup - post has arrived today and no sign of ESRC paperwork.

Sorry to hear your bad news Psych.

P

Quote From SocDave:

Got email from Nom Con backup - post has arrived today and no sign of ESRC paperwork.

Sorry to hear your bad news Psych.

Thank you both. I am feeling rather low about it all at the moment; however I am sure that will pass in time! Sorry that you still have no news SocDave.

S

Given what Licky said yesterday, I'm going with accepting I've not got it - and if I have then great. I'll still be gutted when the email comes, but the mourning period won't last as long this way.

L

Delurking to wish you all good luck and commiserations to those who have had bad news

M

Just got a reply, I've been granted funding!! good luck to all those still waiting!!

S

Quote From mixilgt:

Just got a reply, I've been granted funding!! good luck to all those still waiting!!

Amazing news Mix - well done you!!!!

S

======= Date Modified 11 Aug 2010 13:19:02 =======
Just got email - unsuccessful. Sob :-(. World of work beckons.....

M

sorry to hear that socdave..

S

Quote From mixilgt:

got an interview for a £20k starting salary job on friday - looks promising (and its not graduate sales!!) things could be worse I suppose

M

Quote From SocDave:

Quote From mixilgt:

got an interview for a £20k starting salary job on friday - looks promising (and its not graduate sales!!) things could be worse I suppose

good luck with that. it doesn't sound bad at all!

S

Oh, really sorry to hear the rejections, gutting for you :-( its just the worst email (or snail mail in my case) to get! SocDave I hope the job works out for you, I know its a massive cliche and of little help at this point but I'm a firm believer in things working out for the best xx Have you checked with your respective depts whether there might be any form of funding available - I was funded for the MA but rejected on the PhD despite being top ranked (which is possibly more gutting than finding that they just don't like your proposal!) but when I told the dept (in floods of tears - it was a bad day) within a few hours they'd held an emergency meeting with the HoD, my sup, the grad dir and I'd been offered a second scholarship (I'd been offered one that would pay my fees prior to the results coming back from the research council) that didn't bring in anything like the maintainence grant a fully funded position would, but meant that I could carry on and survive (kind of). There are sometimes funds floating about that can be allocated to students so it might be worth touching base and asking - hey, nothing to lose, don't ask, don't get!

On the other hand huge congrats Mixilgt - well done you :-) That's great news, I do hope that some of the others will also get similarly good news in the next day or so :-)

K

They still haven't gotten back to me. Why, oh why, does it take this long?

M

Quote From killahtron:

They still haven't gotten back to me. Why, oh why, does it take this long?

Have you tried contacting them? I only got an answer because I sent an email asking them, otherwise who knows how long I would've waited..good luck!