ESRC Open Competition results

P

Quote From SocDave:

Damn the administrative ineptitude of the ESRC. They had these since mid-April, nothing happened in May, they were marked in June - why does it take 6 weeks to decide, and then 2 weeks to get result????

Still hope they fund me though..........

Agree on all accounts and it looks as though no one found out today either...

A

======= Date Modified 09 Aug 2010 14:11:23 =======
Just a further confirmation that some letters were sent out on Friday. This is the email I received from ESRC

"Dear

The open competition results have been sent out - some on Friday and the rest today, so you should receive them in the next day or so.

Kind Regards
Julie"

There's still hope until late afternoon today...

M

Argh, I hope it doesn't mean that successful unis were notified on Friday and the rest will be notified tomorrow, because it would look bad for all of us...Because what's the logic behind sending some letters on Friday and others on Monday??

A

Quote From mixilgt:

Argh, I hope it doesn't mean that successful unis were notified on Friday and the rest will be notified tomorrow, because it would look bad for all of us...Because what's the logic behind sending some letters on Friday and others on Monday??

Is there any logic at all behind sending LETTERS in 2010? (down)

M

I know..I can't take this anymore..and I'm supposed to be writing my dissertation...

P

Quote From mixilgt:

I see what you mean; however I doubt all applications to any one University would have been unsuccessful or that that pattern would emerge regularly for 2 different postal days. I was just thinking that simply completing the letter for each institution would take some time and only some were completed by Friday evening. That's just my guess to stay optimistic!

S

======= Date Modified 09 Aug 2010 15:44:22 =======
For all this farting about, especially poor Julie who has now replied to each of us individually, it would be more straighforward to just tell us our results individually. when i was told they were siging off the minutes, the results were known then! Thats a week ago almost.

Anyone looked at Je-S today?

K

Jes still says 'with council' which doesn't help anyone. I don't understand why they couldn't have a system whereby Jes sent out an automatic email with either a yes or no.

A

======= Date Modified 09 Aug 2010 16:40:09 =======
I guess we'll have to wait (at least) until tomorrow. Either our universities have not received any letter yet, or our nominated contacts are lazy...

S

Quote From killahtron:

Jes still says 'with council' which doesn't help anyone. I don't understand why they couldn't have a system whereby Jes sent out an automatic email with either a yes or no.

Has anyone 'played' with Je-S? If you click on documents, there's a 'maintain grant' option. Does that yield anything for anyone?

A

Quote From SocDave:

Quote From killahtron:

Has anyone 'played' with Je-S? If you click on documents, there's a 'maintain grant' option. Does that yield anything for anyone?

It says No Grants Found to me

P

Quote From alexandros:

Quote From SocDave:

Quote From killahtron:

It says No Grants Found to me

Same for me...

S

Can't be long for you guys now - don't stress about the letter date thing - its the way these things have always been - in the bad old days (i.e. til a couple of years back) they were sending out successful and unsuccessful letters day in day out for over a month - the timing didn't make any difference. I can't understand the use of snail mail - or maybe snail mail for official purposes but an email as a confirmation - its crazy - but its the system and its a lot better now than it was! Don't quote me on this but I doubt you'll show up as having a grant until you've signed on the dotted line - not showing as having one probably means nothing at this point - it isn't confirmed until you accept.

Its so hard but at least you know it'll be in the next couple of days - hang in there(sprout)(turkey)

S

Mine says 'no grant', but I'm cheered up by Stressed.

At least we're all in the same boat. Lets jut hope we all get a response (whichever way it goes) tomorrow.

P

Thanks for your post Stressed - has cheered me up about it all. Good luck for tomorrow everyone! Looks like it shall be Wednesday for me now.