ESRC Open Competition results

S

Good Luck everyone!

M

Yes, good luck to all! Today HAS to be the day for at least some of us (I think my Nom Con doesn't work on Tuesdays), so hopefully we will get news soon. Fingers crossed for everybody!

M

Yes, good luck to all! Today HAS to be the day for at least some of us (I think my Nom Con doesn't work on Tuesdays), so hopefully we will get news soon. Fingers crossed for everybody!

S

I'm giving it 'til lunchtime, then I'm ringing up!!

P

======= Date Modified 10 Aug 2010 10:00:31 =======

Quote From SocDave:

Good idea! I'm even hoping my Nom Con is working an odd Tuesday (even though she doesn't work Tuesdays...) lol.

S

Quote From PsychBrainiac:

======= Date Modified 10 Aug 2010 10:00:31 =======
Quote From SocDave:

Good idea! I'm even hoping my Nom Con is working an odd Tuesday (even though she doesn't work Tuesdays...) lol.

They may work THIS Tuesday instead of another day - based on the results being out. Live in hope!

P

Quote From SocDave:

They may work THIS Tuesday instead of another day - based on the results being out. Live in hope!

Possibly! I hope at least someone hears today lol

J

I have been told my nominated contact is out of office until the 6th of September!!! Surely they must have left someone else in charge?!

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Good luck everyone :-)

S

Quote From joanne2467:

I have been told my nominated contact is out of office until the 6th of September!!! Surely they must have left someone else in charge?!

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Good luck everyone :-)

I would wait til youknow people are hearing the news, and then ring the Nom Con telephone number and basically demand to know. You can't be left hanging til September (an ESRC Nom Con who works Term Time? Ludicrous).

Still waiting to hear.............:-(

K

I got this back from my nom con:

Thank you very much for your email. WE have not as yet heard back from ESRC. AS soon as I know I will contact all the supervisors.

M

Quote From killahtron:

Thank you very much for your email. WE have not as yet heard back from ESRC. AS soon as I know I will contact all the supervisors.

Maybe it's still early for the letters to have arrived..and they have to be taken to the Nom Con office etc...Hopefully in a few hours...

S

Quote From killahtron:

Have they had todays post though? If not, then it could be on the way to them as we type....

A

Results are out. I was unsuccessful and received the usual story about 440 applications and only 85 awards for A+ candidates.

Good luck to everyone!

S

======= Date Modified 10 Aug 2010 11:48:41 =======

Quote From Alexandros:

Results are out. I was unsuccessful and received the usual story about 440 applications and only 85 awards for A+ candidates.

Good luck to everyone!

Unlucky. Sorry to hear that.

Which Institution did you apply from?

M

I'm so sorry to hear that Alexandros. It will probably be the same story for many of us..Hope you find something else. At least all our proposals were good enough to make it to the open competition..