ESRC Studentships 2009

W

no...I guess they are late because they postponed the initial deadline for application.

P

Nope, nothing still.

I emailed the dept that i applied to the open comp with a couple of weeks back. Apparently the selection meeting was held on 23rd July - so i have no idea why the list hasn't been released yet!

L

I too am waiting, and getting frustrated with the 'not knowing'. Good Luck to all those who are also in limbo!!;-)

T

It looks like the results are starting to arrive at the departments now. Just been informed that I was succesful!

Good luck to everyone else!

P

congrats !

Do you mind me asking, what uni was that? :p

T

UEL

P

Ah, different department - I hope mine hurries up

well done again!

I

Well done Terry Wogan 1980!! Well done all who have been lucky enough to hear in fact!

Phdnewbie- hopefully soon the waiting will be over! It's terrible, isn't it?!! I'm having proper imposter syndrome now and have convinced myself that I shouldn't have been put forward to AHRC in the first place, never mind dare think that I might actually get funding!!!

But we shall wait and see, as ever.....

S

Congrats everyone! I've just been awarded a 1+3 year studentship with the Uni of Bristol. The waiting was awful. Good luck to the rest of you!

P

Imposter - i actually found my first grey hair the other day , probabaly from all the waiting! I'm still in limbo, which is looking ominous...

congrats shakira (up)

P

Hey all

Just thought i'd put the good news on here (since i started the thread hehe)

I got my email today and I have been awarded funding!!!!!! So all those still waiting/waiting for AHRC - good luck and I hope you get the decisions you deserve :-)

T

Congratulations!

I

Phdnewbie - Seriously, well done!! Oh my word I bet you're celebrating this evening! My waiting goes on...wait and see, wait and see!

P

Hey, thanks Imposter - hang in there and hopefully u'l be celebrating as well soon - positive thoughts etc :p

M

======= Date Modified 07 Aug 2009 03:17:56 =======
congrats phdnewbie! All us AHRC people may be having a horrible time waiting, but makes us feel better than people are getting funding, there is hope for us yet!