Waiting for AHRC news

S

Really really sorry to hear that dmHarry - they don't seem to like us panel 4s do they :-( Gutting!!! Really feel for you xxxx

As for the envelope - a nice 'normal' size envelope - the ones that you fold an A4 sheet into 3 to get it into with the details of the AHRC on the back flap - nice - tasteful - with one of those 2nd class preprinted things onto the envelope so they don't have to frank or even lick a stamp! Its a joy to behold - NOT!!!!!!!!!

Omg, this wait is killing me!! Yes I know that I know, but you guys don't and I'm waiting with you til the bitter end lol - I need to let out some cheers - or offer a shoulder - I just hope I don't have to do much of that :-)

Lol at the identities - well, I'm on all 4.... facebook, here, Grad U (but not much) and Alice's too :-) and yep, I have a different name on each of them lol lol lol - well, fb and Alice's are the sameish... I've been wondering who is who as well - I think I've got a few sorted now!!...

B

Heh - no prizes for guessing who I am on the Facebook group...

Nothing for me today!

M

I think you can quite easily guess who I am on Facebook ;-)

Postman hasn't been yet today - I have the usual morning nerves at the moment. I'm going away for the weekend so if it arrives tomorrow I won't read it until Monday night. I'm keeping everything crossed!

R

======= Date Modified 22 Aug 2008 09:19:58 =======
got it!!!!
never ever seriously thought I would, but someone must have pulled my name out of the right hat.
panel 7 phd dated aug 20th!
I'm too excited to sit down!!!

M

CONGRATS!!! That's fantastic news! I am so pleased it's worked out for you!!

EEK - and this now means the panel 7s are coming!!!

B

Wow soarus that's amazing, really well done! Now quick get over to the other forums and spread the good news!! :-)

P

HUGE congratulations! What a great way to start the day...

S

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so pleased for you, that is brilliant news!!!!!!!8-)

S

Oh - the AHFF forum is gone - it was there a minute ago - what's happened???

M

Is it back for you yet Stressed? I can access it at the moment. Just saw on Facebook that another panel 7 person has heard good news. I feel all funny now!

R

miss hopeful, don't worry, that's just me again.
now you can put a face to my name! heh.

M

Hehe, and now you know who I am too! The rather over-eager poster below you!

W

rejection for panel 8 MA. grade 3. i'll be ok, i've got other plans. still disappointing though. i think with a grade 3 my application was obviously quite good, maybe next year with the new block funding i'll have a chance. good luck to the rest of you, should all be coming in soon!

E

======= Date Modified 22 Aug 2008 12:48:56 =======
It really does seem brutal Wanwan.

And this forum ate the rest of my post (!)

As you say, you have other plans. I guess in other years, we might have made the cut: but this time round, it's worse than ever. Perhaps some reassurance is that the panel member partly responsible for our rejections is in my dept., and he's er., eccentric (e.g., I once witnessed them sitting through a seminar eating their arm - no, I am not making this up). Anyway, I hope everything will work out.

L

Post has just arrived - I'VE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RPM award Panel 1 - funding for two years - I can't believe it, I'm still shaking.

Well done Soarous - I am so pleased for you.

But I'm sorry to hear that your news wasn't so good Wanwan.