My final push diary

E

Three weeks until I hope to submit - am a bit worried about supervisors holding me back as I dont think they have sorted out the paperwork on their end, or actually contacted the external examiner yet.

am hoping to finish the draft corrections this week, then play with formatting - one supervisor suggested trying a couple of different fonts - before having a final meeting with both supervisors and reading, re-reading and re-re-reading over all the million pages.

L

======= Date Modified 14 Sep 2012 16:48:37 =======
Well handed in the thesis today. 321 pages or 92000 words plus notes, plus works cited! (Eeek!) Keep having panicky "did I put that in moments" but I'm sure that'll pass in the next few days (or maybe not!). No date for viva yet - prob in November. Good luck to those close to submission.

C

Congrats Larry David! :D :D :D

R

congratulations Larrydavid!!

C

I'm submitting on Monday..It feels rather weird. I don't have the sense of panic and urgency I would have expected to have. I am worried about things going wrong on Monday, like printing etc. I really want it handed in early in the morning so I can enjoy the relief.

I know what I hand in could be written better. But I need to get it in. I could spend another 6 months brushing it up! Still worried that my final chapter isn't good enough, but my brain's hit a brick wall with it.

Good luck all. x

E

Good luck Clementine - You are one week ahead of me! I hope I feel as calm and collected as you this time next week in the last few days before submission.
Hope everything goes well and you can enjoy your day after handing in.

C

The worry is starting to creep in now. I anticipate it will manifest as a massive anti-climax when I've submitted due to thoughts that it could have been better...got tomorrow and Sunday to brush it up. I may get an extra copy printed just to burn it in the garden :P

E

Submitting tomorrow morning - I have to hand in 4 bounded copies and one for myself. I have printed off 4/5 copies and just need to print off the final one plus some pages of the other copies that were a bit smudged, fill in my forms and burn a copy on to cd.

J

congratulations on submission!

E

Submitted this afternoon - the ladies in the office were lovely and very helpful. I already don't know what to do with myself. But I am resisting the urge to open my copy of my thesis & start adding little sticky markers - I that can wait for a few weeks I think!

P

Congratulations. It's such a relief isn't it? I haven't opened my thesis since and my supervisor said not to do so until I had a viva date, which I am still waiting for.

R

Congratulations everyone!
One week to go for me, so much to so I can't believe it will happen!