The One Goal Thread

B

Keep-calm, I hadn't thought of that! Now I have it in my head too!

I have FINALLY done goal 2, now for my Gregg's tuna sandwich (om nom nom)

Goal 3- start next section of assignment, but maybe go for a wander in town too

L

I've had a super unproductive morning (I have eaten two eccles cakes and a flake though, not sure how good they are for the old brain cells!)
So goal number 1 for this afternoon is to finish reading this chapter I started, oh, 4 hours ago...

Goal number 2: make amendments to my research paper

Fingers crossed! good luck everyone for today :-)

M

My goal for today is to write an abstract. Well to write, rewrite, rewrite and rewrite until it is good enough to send off!

I've done NOTHING this afternoon, I've gone all sleepy! I have handed out a few stars though :-)

I'm going to try and get my head around potential hypotheses.

A

Well.. it looks like i'm not having a good day today with work. :( lets hope it gets better during the evening

E

======= Date Modified 14 Apr 2010 17:02:36 =======
My day was very bad, all the day I was very nervous and could not concentrate on my work.

B

Goal 3 has been done, without a wander in town!

Goal 4- finish this section of essay so I can have a rest from it until tomorrow!

A

Shall i write an abstract or write my final chapter or do a list of abbreviations or edit chapter 4 or edit my appendices? i dont know where to start :-(

S

hi amanda
if me, I will do the easiest thing first :-) :-) :-)
because I can finish it and then I will be happy because I did something :-)

I have 3 papers to read tonight....

satchi

A

Yeah .. i decided to eddit my Appendices .. thanks Satchi :-)

B

Did goal 4, and also did my goal 5 which was to read some paper- that's me done for the day!

A

Well done Button.. I'm still working through my Appendices.. done 3/5 ... will keep doing them till i'm finished :p

S

======= Date Modified 15 Apr 2010 01:00:21 =======
Not really on topic this, but it's not worthy of an entire thread.

Just forced myself back into work mode after the Easter break by going on mytomatoes. I'm only an occasional user of the site and often use it one day and then forget it the next. However, what did motivate me is the word counts that I had put on my previous tomatoes (I normally label the tomatoes what doc it is and how many words it is up to.) Despite thinking I pretty much hadn't done any writing for the past two months one document has mysteriously gained 5000 words (from being 300.) Not saying that 2500 words a month is good going but it is nice to see when you have actually made some progress.

More on topic, is banging out a thousand (good) words a day for the next week and a half an achievable aim? I want to get my upgrade document sorted soonish and I think I should have more physical evidence (rather than some thoughts kicking about) of my progress so far.

Also (this is the edit), I've decided to give up beer for the rest of this month. I'm not really a fan of other forms of alcohol, so this is kinda giving up alcohol, but in a far less anti-social and adventurous way. That is my goal for the next two and a half weeks - no beer.

S

I was supposed to read my papers last night. But I ended up looking at giant rabbit images and giant rabbit videos on youtube :-(

OK now I read my papers

ooh I love giant rabbits :-x I used to have one called Biggit.

I think 2500 words in a month is good going, especially if they are GOOD words!

I didn't get what I wanted to yesterday, and tomorrow I am going to the office, then driving down to my parents house. So I need to make today count.

I would like to get 5-6 analyses done, which would catch me up with what i didn't do yesterday. I feel strangely motivated at the moment, whether that will be the same after a dog walk is a different question!