Warwick Unviversity MA Social Work

K

Hi all,

I've just been accepted at Warwick to do the Masters in Social work starting this October.

Was wandering if anyone else is doing that course already and can tell me how its going, or if anyone is also starting it this year?

R

I have just been accepted too! im so excited!

K

Hi!
Congratulations

K

Im really looking forward to starting now! Are you local or will you be moving onto campus?

R

I'm going to be moving to coventry with my boyfriend in the summer. what about you? Did you go for interview last monday? I cant wait!!!!

K

my interview was in october, i've known for a while i was going. Just had my CRB come back so its all finalised now.
I live in Stratford so i will be staying where i am and driving to uni each day.
What area of social work are you hoping to work in? Im currently working in mental health so i'll probably continue that.

K

Hi
I have interview there next week for the same course. I am a bit nervous. Just wondering if you found it difficult?

K

Hi, it wasn't too bad actually. The letter they send you giving you the topics they dicuss is really helpful.
Just prepare some things to talk about on each point and you'll be fine
Feel free to ask anymore questions if you need too!
Good luck!

R

I only went to interview last week and I have just been notified of my offer. I’m still at university at the moment and living in Leicester. I'm not sure of the area I want to go in, but all of my work experience is in the field of learning disabilities. Warwick was my first choice so I’m really glad I was offered a place.

I felt that the interview was quite relaxed, if you prepare a few generic answers you'll be fine!

K

warwick was my first choice too so im really pleased! i graduated 2005 so have had a gap, will miss my salary though! being a poor is the only downside to student life!

R

I bet, I would too. I think I’m used to being poor now Do you know anything about how much the bursary will be and how much we need to contribute towards tuition fees?

Do you know much about the course itself? I have been looking on the website, and it all looks very interesting. I’m doing my undergraduate degree in Health studies, and the modules for social work seem to overlap quite a lot. So I’m hoping I won’t find it too difficult.

I'm hoping to go to an open day soon and have a good look round, but i havent been able to find a suitable one yet.

K

The tuition fees are £4495! The GSCC cover just over £3000 and we have to cover the costs of the rest. You can also get a loan from the GSCC.

I have looked at each module on the website and what it entails but i haven't got any more info than that. I was hoping someone on the course would reply to this too so i could ask about it!

I was hoping to go to an open day too, will have to look on the website and see if anything is coming up.

G

'I was hoping someone on the course would reply to this too so i could ask about it!'

That sort of thing very rarely happens on here.

K

was worth a try

K

any luck with the open day?
the only ones i can see on the website are undergraduate!