Free Stars Here

S

Helpfulness ratings?

Quote From olivia:

Stars= 9(x)+45^/37-(y)*33

I'm not sure that means a lot without defining x and y?

S

Chris Waddle?

S

Blimey, 3 star Sylvester! Obviously the answer was Chris Waddle - I can't believe the rest of you didn't get it!

Sylvester, you were closest with Chris Waddle. Congratulations, you now have 3 stars. We don't normally give them out, but as you have been a consistently decent poster for a few years, we thought you deserved 3. Who knows... maybe one day we'll promote you to a Moderator!

I'm afraid that's it for free stars - we're not giving any more out, so please don't ask. However, you can still earn them yourself in the traditional manner.

A

Chris Waddle - Shef Wed's all time great! Well done Sylvester (you good little puddy tat!)

S

Marvellous, I feel truly honoured. Perhaps the PGF Hall of Fame is possible one day!

S

Good job I didn't mention Reggie Blinker then. Ooops, I just did....

O

And the traditional manner of earning stars is???!!!

Who is Chris Waddle? Have never heard of the bloke. That, in and of itself, should earn me a star. :-x

O

and Reggie Blinker? Again, I draw a blank.
I am starting to think that this star business is a bit culturally biased. :-s:$

O

Shef Wed?
Chef Wed?
confusion reigns....its probably got something to do with soccer then...or football as you say on this side of the pond.
If its about football--MIGHT I just draw attention to my John Elway and the Drive reference, which in the American version of the sport might be the equivalent of Chris Waddle and Shef Wed, in which case, I do think that in order to overcome the obvious cultural bias in the stars awarded, I should get a star. :p

O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Waddle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Elway

Chris Waddle--John Elway--the parallels between them are so obvious that I DO deserve a star for answering John Elway. See the parallels in their football careers. See how they were even both born in 1960. 8-)

O

For that matter, they even both retired very close to each other...1998-1999!8-)

but Chris Waddle wasn't the answer

B

I don't understand the question...:-(

B.xx