Free Stars Here

O

Quote From andyp:

but Chris Waddle wasn't the answer

well it was close enough for a star.
:-s

therefore, John Elway is close enough for a star.

O

:-s:-s

O

:-s:-s

A

Quote From olivia:

Shef Wed?
Chef Wed?
confusion reigns....its probably got something to do with soccer then...or football as you say on this side of the pond.
If its about football--MIGHT I just draw attention to my John Elway and the Drive reference, which in the American version of the sport might be the equivalent of Chris Waddle and Shef Wed, in which case, I do think that in order to overcome the obvious cultural bias in the stars awarded, I should get a star. :p

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club - 'Foot' and 'ball' aren't really terms I associate with American football. It should be re-named 'Rugby for men who don't like to get hurt or dirty' :p

O

Now then that is cultural bias!!!! John Elway is so clearly the American equivalent to Chris Waddle...or is it that Chris Waddle is the English equivalent to John Elway? One wonders...which came first? Its a bit of a chicken and the egg question. Well, John Elway was born first. And while the Broncos were not named after a day of the week, they did play on Monday night football, which is practically the same thing.

O

Quote From andyh:

Quote From olivia:

Stars= 9(x)+45^/37-(y)*33

I'm not sure that means a lot without defining x and y?

As much as maths ever mean...if you fill in John Elway for x and Chris Waddle for y, you get the combined offensive scores for each in 1986.

O

:-s:-s:-s:-s:-s:-s

H

WHAT?!?!? I don't believe it! I go off to do some hard work and come back and find out Sylvester has nicked my star! Thats really unfair, especially as I've been a member longer than he has, posted more, given more advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-s

S

if you're really 'better' then him u'll easily get more stars. however that happens. wouldn't you really earn your stars properly then win them?

H

No, I'm just annoyed that he has more stars than me!!!

I know, I will bake lots of cakes and biscuits and deliver them to the office if you give me more stars that Sylvester :-)

A

We can only give you so many hints on gaining stars. Come on H, you know how you get them (up)

S

Besides which, a personal delivery of sausage sarnies to the office is a passport to 5 stars. A short walk for you H!

O

:-(:-(

This star cultural bias is bringing me down...I mean, its not as if stars are without their symbolism and such...stars are part of the American flag...to be denied a star over John Elway/Chris Waddle...its just inconcievable. Its positively UNAMERICAN :p

of the moderators to do this. How can this be? Are you saying Wednesday night in Sheffield is better than Monday night in Denver? Isn't Sheffield one of the towns that the Tories are voting to shut, anyway? :-(

O

H, I think you need to join my stars crusade. (up):p
Take up the case of John Elway=Chris Waddle=another star.

Its the right thing to do.

S

We didn't deny you a star, you just didn't win!