Sneaks' accountability thread

======= Date Modified 03 42 2009 11:42:14 =======
I have decided I need my own accountability thread to shock me in to getting some work done. I always find the accountability thread too focused on writing up, whereas I am in the process of DOING and writing!

So even if no one else wants to join in, I'm going to sit here and hold myself accountable

Although, I would like to say, anyone else is more than welcome to join in!

Right today, I MUST finish thematic analysis on 40 interviews. So far I have done 1.

Sneaks I'll join you today. In 9 hours time I must have read and made notes on the 7 papers on my desk and figure out how/if they relate to my experiments plus complete experiment design. EEK - must start!

Ooh sounds like lots of work! good luck ev!

I have just finished my 2nd, only 38 to go!

Good luck to you too Sneaks - you're 5% done!!

One paper down, 8 to go (I've realised I need to get through 9 today)

T

I have painfully low motivation today so I'd better join too. Before leaving the office today I shall:
Annotate and sort these papers on qPCR.
Prep for tomorrows experiments so I can have them up and running at 8am.
At least LOOK at my thesis (going for the tolerance approach to it!).

urgh - this is going really badly! Must do better this evening

T

Time is not a friend today, is it Sneaks? I just saw that I posted an hour and a half ago, I've read one paper :( looks like a late night at the office for me.

Time hates me today too:-( started off ok but had to deal with bombshell from partner so only 2 papers down, 7 to go plus analysis - it's going to be a late one

T

Sorry to hear that Ev, hope you're ok and that work is a useful distraction (that said, don't feel bad if you need a night of less PhD and more chocolate, they have their place too!). I'll be keeping you company for a good bit yet anyway, if you want I can race you to the next paper pit-stop ;-)

right, today has been a complete disaster. I am on pain meds for leg pain and have literally just been staring in a spaced out way at my desktop. Doing a bit of work and essentially day dreaming most of the day. I am going to try and do at least 3 transcripts before bed, while other half watches tv.

hope the bombshell wasn't too nasty ev!

Thanks Teek & Sneaks - unfortunately the news isn't too pleasant so am endeavouring to distract myself with some work as I don't really want to go home and deal with it.

Sneaks, I wouldn't expect too much of yourself if you are on pain meds, they really can effect your concentration.

Here's to a more productive evening for all!!

T

Oh dear Ev, hope you're ok whatever it was.

Don't worry sneaks, I've had days when I stared blankly at a screen for 8 hours even without pain medication - sounds like you have a pretty good excuse to me!

I've totalled 4 papers and a truly revolting bowl of instant mash for dinner (with half a stick of rock for dessert - thank you whoever went on holiday to Blackpool) I reckon 2 more papers, sample sorting for tomorrow morn and that's that. Home to bed and a hungry cat before 9.

======= Date Modified 03 Nov 2009 18:44:48 =======
Problem is I have a threat of other people doing similar research, so I really wanted to get a draft paper done by Monday so I need to finish the analysis by tomorrow at the latest. (its re-analysis so i have a large amount of it done).

Hows your star teek?

Think will sign off for the night - hopefully I will be starting work at about 9.30 after a dr appointment for the pain!