Things we miss...

S

Was thinking about this today listening to chunes from the early 1990s, and then I realised

Atlantic 252!

I used to love that radio station when Radio 1 became unlistenable. You could also get it just about everywhere. They also used to have some bizarrely named DJs

Sandy Beech, Robin Banks, Dusty Rhodes and Cliff Walker spring to mind.

I want it back, it was an important part of growing up!

What does everyone else miss?

S

I used to listen to Atlantic 252 too - didn't it disppear around late 1999? That channel is where I first heard Muse, on the rock show (?) at 10pm on a Tuesday...

I miss the Lucky Luke cartoons. Veeeery much.

P

I miss the The Word.

A

Eughh, re The Word - great programme but I can't think about it without remembering the 'I'd do anything to get on TV' slot and some bloke drinking a glass of vomit...

P

I miss a kids show called Wombat. Used to be on at 4pm weekdays and was hosted by a woman who giggled like she was tipsy and a puppet called Agro.

Oh, and the very camp Mr Squiggle..."yes, Miss Jane".

K

i was thinking about blue smarties the other day, I may have just dreamt this but did they have white chocolate in them at one point?

S

I miss Steve Irwin

T

I miss cadburys Wispas not seen them around in ages

S

Jolly Ranchers!

T

Play time at primary school

S

ah yes, British Bulldog! The game now banned from school playgrounds. The perfect game on a cold day in February.

S

They banned it because little Johnny might fall over and graze his arm. Then mummy and daddy will sue the school. Alot of schools now ban football at playtime for the same reason. Kind of silly at a time when people are concerned about kids lack of exercise, they choose to ban two games which involved lots of running around.

lol @ DanB. // Good point sylvester, I didn't know that. It will be too late to bring the game back, when the school gets filled up with obese kids (in fact not just too late but it will also be impossible, as there won't be any space to play the British Bulldog.

S

For those not familiar with it, this is the gist of the game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Bulldogs_(game)

Most of the time we just used to "tig" one another to be caught. But in the summer when we were allowed to play on the school fields we used to play "Bodyguard" which is the rugby tackling version listed here. A great excuse to get your school uniform dirty and impress the girls with your manliness.